Entries open for 2023 VIBES Scottish Environment Business Awards
Environmental trailblazers from Scotland’s business community are being invited to showcase the link between environmental and economic success by entering the 25th annual VIBES awards this spring.
Open to businesses large and small across the country, the awards recognise those who champion sustainability by reducing pressure on the planet’s resources and winning schemes have focused on everything from accelerating action towards net zero, embracing circularity and increasing biodiversity.
Officially launched by SEPA CEO Nicole Paterson at an event in the capital on Wednesday evening, the 2023 awards will feature three new categories: the Just Transition Scotland Award, the Vision in Business Scotland Award and the STV Green Fund Award, with a £30K campaign partnership with STV up for grabs.
Other categories include the Product Scotland Award, Service Scotland Award, Circular Scotland Award, Sustainable Transport Scotland Award and Nature Rich Scotland Award.
Nicole Paterson, SEPA CEO said: “Thriving, successful and sustainable Scottish businesses will be those that recognise the link between environmental and economic prosperity, and with record breaking entries to last year’s VIBES awards, it’s clear that Scottish businesses agree.
“The journey towards sustainability is a challenging but necessary one and I, like many others, have been encouraged and inspired by the commitment and action from VIBES winners over the years.
“We saw energy efficient businesses charge ahead at the 2022 awards and I’m sure this year’s entrants will once again demonstrate effective solutions to some of our biggest challenges.”
The VIBES Scottish Environment Business Awards is a partnership between the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA), The Scottish Government, Energy Saving Trust, Highland & Islands Enterprise, Scottish Enterprise, South of Scotland Enterprise, Scottish Water, Zero Waste Scotland and NatureScot.
This year’s judging panel includes Franceska van Dijk, Deputy Chair, SEPA, Robbie Kernahan is Director for Green Economy at NatureScot, and Jane Morrison-Ross, CEO, South of Scotland Enterprise.
To obtain an application form, contact email@example.com. Businesses have until 5pm on 14 April 2023 to submit their free application. Finalists will be announced in May before the annual awards ceremony in November.
For more informant on VIBES - Scottish Environment Business Awards, please visit www.vibes.org.uk.
Notes to Editors:
About VIBES - Scottish Environment Business Awards
- VIBES - Scottish Environment Business Awards is further supported by CBI Scotland, the Institute of Directors (IoD), Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), Bright Green Business, Scottish Council for Development and Industry and the Scotch Whisky Association.
- The VIBES Scottish Environment Business Awards reward and recognise organisations that have demonstrated significant business benefits from good environmental practice.
- Entries are open to all Scottish-based businesses including private sector businesses, social enterprises and community businesses but excluding VIBES partners, supporters and current sponsors. If the entry focuses on a collaboration or partnership approach, there must be at least one private sector business, social enterprise or community business involved. Other partners can include public sector organisations and charities.
- A panel of judges from VIBES partner organisations will assess the applications and select businesses reaching the required standard to receive a VIBES award.
- STV is the official media partner of the 2023 awards, which are also sponsored by Chivas Brothers – Pernod Ricard, Scottish Government, Mabbett, Stirling University Management School, the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and SSE.
The main aims of the awards:
- Accelerate action to achieve net zero carbon emissions
- Encourage the efficient use of resources
- Enhance the competitiveness of businesses
- Improve environmental performance
- Support the wider goals of sustainable development
VIBES case studies are available here: Case studies | VIBES | Scottish Environment Business Awards
VIBES video case studies are available here: VIBES Awards - YouTube
An image is available to download from our media centre.